- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asian Cole Slaw - Vegan Recipe Video
|Cabbage||1 Small, finely sliced|
|Carrots||2 Large, peeled, julienned|
|Green onion stalks||2 Medium, chopped finely (dark green part)|
|Red onion||2 Tablespoon, sliced thinly|
|Salted peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roasted, chopped|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 Small, juiced|
|Rice vinegar/White vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, peeled, minced|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 975.1 mg40.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 123.1% Vitamin C 56%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small dry skillet toast the sesame seeds. Shake the pan occasionally, till they are fragrant and turn brown. Turn off the heat and set aside.
2. In a bowl put the cabbage, carrots, scallion greens, red onion and peanuts. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, add the soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Whisk well to mix.
4. Put the toasted sesame seeds and whisk well till combined.
5. Pour the dressing onto the cabbage salad and toss or stir until everything is coated well in the dressing.
6. In a serving bowl, or plate, serve the salad either as a side dish with choice of main or as a salad appetizer.