- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asian Chicken Salad Recipe Video
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Regular salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Teaspoon (For the Dressing)|
|Awasezu||2 Tablespoon (For the Dressing)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon (For the Dressing)|
|Grated ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the Dressing)|
|Grated garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the Dressing)|
|White pepper||1 Pinch (For the Dressing)|
|Fish sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For the Dressing)|
|Romaine lettuce||100 Gram, shredded|
|Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , julienned|
|Red bell pepper||1 , julienned|
|Cucumber||1 , julienned|
|Red cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Green onion stalks||1 , julienned|
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.8 mg
Sodium 1631.1 mg68%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 33 g65.7%
Vitamin A 85.4% Vitamin C 118.6%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot pour in water, add ginger, garlic and salt. Cover the pot and let the water boil.
2. Once the water gets boiled add in chicken and again cover the pot.
3. Turn the heat off and leave chicken in hot water for 30 minutes.
4. Shred the poached chicken.
5. For the Dressing – In a jar take all the ingredients and blend with the help of a hand blender.
6. Keep the dressing aside.
7. In a large bowl take lettuce and red cabbage; pour ½ of the dressing over it.
8. In another bowl take cucumber onion and red bell pepper. Pour dressing over it and toss well.
9. In a serving plate make bed of spinach mixture; top it with onion mixture followed by poached chicken. Finally garnish with green onions and serve.