- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Adobo Recipe Video
|Chicken||1 Whole, cut|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon (for frying the chicken)|
|For the marinade|
|Soy sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon (use either dark or light brown sugar)|
|Garlic||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), mince|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 , zested|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|For the beef pancit bite|
|Beef||1⁄2 Pound, cut into very small pieces|
|Pancit noodles||1 Packet|
|Vegetable oil||4 1⁄2 Tablespoon (3 tablespoon for frying noodles + 1 tablespoon for sauteing the beef + 1/2 tablespoon for sauteing the vegetables)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, julienned|
|Cabbage||1⁄4 Small, shredded|
|Celery||3 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Soy sauce||3 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1123 Calories from Fat 551
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g94.8%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g68.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 202.7 mg
Sodium 3102.5 mg129.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 74 g148.5%
Vitamin A 66.1% Vitamin C 51.8%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the Chicken Adobo: In a large bowl prepare the marinade by combining soy sauce, rice wine, rice vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic, bay leaves and lemon zest.
2. Add chicken into marinade, cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat swirl to coat.
5. Place chicken on a large skillet, cook 5 minute each side or until the skins are crispy.
6. Pour remaining marinade sauce and bring to boil then bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
8. For the Beef Pancit Bites: In a large bowl, add the noodles and pour cold water. Let them rehydrate.
9. In a large pan, heat oil. Make clusters of noodles and fry until crispy as shown in video.
10. In another pan, heat oil and add the beef, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, freshly ground pepper, and little bit of rice wine. Cook for few minutes and place them in a bowl.
11. Again take the pan and add oil. Add all the chopped vegetables. Add the 1 tablespoon soy sauce and black pepper. Add the garlic and cook for few minutes.
12. Place the fried pancit noodles on the plate. Add the vegetables, beef over the noodles and also add the chopped green onions.
13. For the Chicken Adobo, sprinkle with lemon juice, chopped green onion and cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges. Also serve the beef pancit bites alongside.