- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Arugula, Roasted Red Pepper And Prosciutto Panini Recipe
|Red bell peppers||2 Large|
|Eggplant slice||4 (Each Approximately 1/4 Inch Thick)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Commercial)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, mashed in a mortar or minced|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into fine ribbons|
|Focaccia/4 soft french rolls, split horizontally||12 Ounce, quartered and split horizontally|
|Thin prosciutto slices||2 Ounce (4 Pieces)|
|Arugula||1 1⁄4 Bunch (125 gm), tough stems removed, washed and dried|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 412 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.4 mg
Sodium 602 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.9%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 11 g22.8%
Vitamin A 38.6% Vitamin C 105.1%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Roast the peppers and arrange them in baking sheet.
3) Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes turning several times till skin looks charred.
4) Take it out from oven and let it cool. Once cooled slip off the skin. Halve and remove the stems, seeds and ribs.
5) Bake eggplant in oven baste olive oil on both sides.
6) Sprinkle salt over it and put in a baking sheet.
7) Bake turning once for approximately 30 minutes till soft. Keep it aside.
8) In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, salt and basil.
9) Prepare sandwiches spreading mayonnaise on the split bread.
10) Layer with prosciutto, arugula and roasted pepper.
11) Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
12) Place the eggplant slices over it.
13) Cover sandwiches in plastic wrap and pack in a cooler.
14) Serve cold.