- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Artichokes with Sauce Vinaigrette (Globe) Recipe
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 70 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.25 g0.38%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 532.7 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.5%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 30.2%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the artichokes.
2) Cut off the stalk and some of the tough outer leaves.
3) Cut off the tips of the leaves and remove the choke.
4) In a saucepan, add the seasoning, lemon juice, and herbs.
5) Add in 11/2 pints water and simmer for 15 minutes.
6) Add in the artichokes and simmer for 30 minutes, till tender.
7) Check if a leaf easily comes off.
8) Make a sauce with a little of the stock.
9) Serve artichokes with the sauce.
10) Leaves are pulled off and dipped in the sauce. The 'fond' or bottom, is eaten with a knife and fork.