- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Artichokes With Spinach Pasta Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Artichoke hearts||6 (Fresh)|
|Spinach spaghetti||1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Early peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3827 Calories from Fat 1932
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 228 g350.7%
Saturated Fat 128.9 g644.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 659.4 mg
Sodium 3453.2 mg143.9%
Total Carbohydrates 391 g130.3%
Dietary Fiber 145.2 g580.9%
Sugars 29.2 g
Protein 138 g275.8%
Vitamin A 151.7% Vitamin C 413.3%
Calcium 192.3% Iron 200.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil and saute the artichoke quarters until they are tender. Remove them from the heat, transfer to a small bowl, set aside, and keep warm.
3. Cook the spinach spaghetti until al dente.
4. While the spaghetti is cooking, heat the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet in which the artichokes were sauteed. When melted, add the garlic and saute until they just begin to color. Add the cream and heat just to the boiling point.
5. Drain the spaghetti and return it to the pan in which it cooked. Pour the sauce into the spaghetti and toss lightly. Use a rubber spatula to transfer all of this sauce into the pasta pan. Add the peas and toss lightly.
6. Transfer the spaghetti to individual plates or to 1 large bowl or platter. Sprinkle the pasta with parmesan cheese. Top with the artichoke hearts, and serve.