- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Artichokes With Lemon Butter Recipe
|Shallots||4 , minced|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||4 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Lemons||2 (Use Juice And Zest)|
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 538
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94%
Saturated Fat 31.1 g155.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg
Sodium 639.7 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.6%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 60.9% Vitamin C 104.8%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With the help of sharp knife, cut off the artichoke stems and 1 inch of the top .
2) Using scissors, cut off the prickly points of the leaves.
3) In a deep pot, place artichokes upright just large enough to hold them. 4) Now sprinkle on them with shallots, oil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
5) Add required water to reach a third of the way up the artichokes. Cover the pot.
6) Allow the water to a boil and reduce to simmer and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until artichokes are just cooked through but not very soft.
7) Now, remove them from the pan and put aside.
8) In a sauce pan,combine butter, lemon juice, and thyme and stir in butter until melted over moderate-low heat.
9) Discard the thyme sprigs and add the lemon zest.
10) Serve the flavoured butter in individual bowls with warm artichokes.