- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Artichoke Stuffed Manicotti Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped red onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||2 Cup (32 tbs), thawed, coarsely chopped|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Manicotti shells||3 Ounce, cooked, drained (6 Shells)|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, shredded|
Calories 233 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.5 mg
Sodium 501 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 12 g24.3%
Vitamin A 23.1% Vitamin C 36.3%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. To prepare filling, in large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and saute onion 2-3 minutes, until tender.
3. Add artichoke hearts, mushrooms, 1 tablespoon of the parsley, the thyme and salt and saute 2 minutes.
4. To the skillet add chicken broth and cook, stirring frequently, 6-7 minutes, until liquid evaporates.
5. Removing skillet from heat, stir in ricotta and Parmesan cheese.
6. In bottom of an 8" square baking pan spread sauce spoon artichoke filling evenly into the manicotti shells and place over sauce in pan.
7. Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes.
8. Remove foil, sprinkle mozzarella cheese and the remaining parsley over top of manicotti and bake 10-12 minutes until cheese melts and filling is hot.
9. Serve hot with the melted cheese on the top.