- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Artichoke Soup Recipe
|Jerusalem artichokes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Rich chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 Large, peeled and quartered|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon, freshly grated (As Required)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon slices||4 (For Garnish)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 (For Garnish)|
Calories 465 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.8 mg
Sodium 330.2 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.8%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 74.9% Vitamin C 79.6%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 34.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, pour in cold water.
2) Place the artichokes and gradually bring to a boil.
3) Drain the water and place the artichoke under running cold water to cool, before peeling off.
4) In the saucepan, pour in chicken stock.
5) Place artichoke, potatoes and onion. Bring the liquid to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
6) In an electric blender, add the vegetables and puree by adding stock.
7) Sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutmeg to season.
8) In a bowl, add egg yolk and cream to beat well.
9) Stir the egg mixture into soup.
10) Heat up the soup by constant stirring just until the soup starts to boil.
11) To serve, top with a swirl of cream sprinkled with cayenne and garnish with slices of lemon.