- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Artichoke Pie Recipe
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Canned artichoke hearts||8 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|9 inch pastry shell||1 , unbaked|
Calories 723 Calories from Fat 470
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.5%
Saturated Fat 30.4 g151.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 273.6 mg
Sodium 649.2 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 16 g31.1%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 25.4% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Crush garlic and slice thin the onion.
2) Whisk eggs and add cream, cheeses, salt and pepper to taste, and garlic-onion mixture.
3) Drain and cut artichokes in quarters.
4) Fry the garlic quickly in butter by turning frequently until tender and golden (but do not brown).
5) Now add to egg mixture and gradually pour into pastry shell.
6) Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) about 45 minutes until set and firm.
7) Serve warm or cold, as a starter or appetizer.