- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Artichoke Pastry From Derbyshire Recipe
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled), grated|
|Jerusalem artichokes||2 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|Boiling water||1 Pint, salted|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown bread slice||2 , crumbled|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Paprika/Chopped parsley||1 Pinch|
Calories 422 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g56.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.4 mg
Sodium 445.2 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 22.5 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 44.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) Mix together salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3) Cover artichokes with boiling salted water and cook until just soft and drain well, when done.
4) In a shallow oven-proof dish, place the mixture after mixing in butter or margarine and seasoning mixture.
5) In a hot pan, heat oil and sauté breadcrumbs in it until fat is absorbed.
6) Mix in grated cheese and top the artichokes with this mixture.
7) Bake for about 30 minutes on top shelf of preheated oven until browned on top and crisp. Alternatively grill for about 20-30 minutes under low heat.
8) Top with sprinkle of paprika or parsley and serve hot in the dish.