- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Artichoke Chowder Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Artichokes||8 Ounce, chopped and drained (1 Can, 8 Ounce)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1024 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.8 mg
Sodium 2549.5 mg106.2%
Total Carbohydrates 162 g54.1%
Dietary Fiber 19 g75.8%
Sugars 84.6 g
Protein 57 g113.7%
Vitamin A 48% Vitamin C 102.4%
Calcium 159.6% Iron 38.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan.
2. Add onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Mix in mushroom along with artichokes and broth and cook for 5 minutes till vegetables turn tender.
4. Mix in peas.
5. Add flour to evaporated milk and blend well.
6. Add the flour mixture to mushroom mixture and cook for 5 to 7 minutes to thicken the mixture.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve hot.