- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Artichoke and Watercress Salad Recipe
|Canned artichoke hearts||14 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Watercress||2 Bunch (200 gm), separated into sprigs|
|Tomatoes||4 , thinly sliced|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|Sweet paprika||To Taste (For Garnish)|
|For blue cheese dressing:|
|Crumbled blue cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
Calories 259 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.4 mg
Sodium 385.4 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.8%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 59.9% Vitamin C 86%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl, mash the cheese and then blend in 2 tablespoons of the sour cream very gradually.
2) Beat well till the mixture is smooth and then add the remaining cream, beating well, along with the lemon juice and oil. Season to taste.
3) In the center of 4 individual places, place 1 artichoke heart each and surround with a border of watercress sprigs. Decorate with slices of cucumber and tomato.
4) Cut the remaining artichoke hearts, if any, into pieces and place among the watercress.
5) On the edge of each salad plate, pour a liberal spoonful of blue cheese. Sprinkle paprika over the cheese dressing.
6) Serve the salad right away, while it is still crunchy and fresh. Makes a good appetizer.