- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Artichoke and Feta Tarts with Tomato Salad Recipe
|Puff pastry sheet||1 , thawed|
|Feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
|Artichoke heart||4 , halved and marinated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for salad)|
|Frozen peas||3 Cup (48 tbs), thawed (for salad)|
|Mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for salad)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (drizzle on salad)|
|White balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon (drizzle on salad)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste for salad)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste for salad)|
Calories 618 Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg
Sodium 1870.3 mg77.9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 17 g34%
Vitamin A 53.4% Vitamin C 55.7%
Calcium 35.5% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree.
2. Line a baking dish with parchment paper, and set it aside.
3. For tart, place pastry sheet on counter top, and cut it into 4 equal squares.
4. With a knife, score a ¼ inch border around squares.
5. On baking dish, place the sheets. Sprinkle feta cheese and artichokes on top.
6. With a brush, apply egg wash on the border of the pastry sheets.
7. Place it in oven, and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
8. For salad, in a mixing bowl, add tomatoes, peas, and mint leaves.
9. Drizzle vinegar, and olive oil on top. Toss well.
10. Top the tarts with tomato salad. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
11. Serve artichoke tart hot with tomato salad topping.