- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole by Rockin Robin Recipe Video
|Long grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken thighs||6 Medium, deboned (cut into 1 - 2 inch pieces)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, chop|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Tomato puree||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Green chile||4 Ounce, dice|
|Chicken broth||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Frozen peas/Maize||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||12 Ounce, grated|
Calories 628 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g57.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 122.7 mg40.9%
Sodium 1243.4 mg51.8%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.4%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 36 g71%
Vitamin A 40.3% Vitamin C 132%
Calcium 43.2% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 375 degree.
2. Cut the chicken thigh into 1-2 inch pieces.
3. Finely chop the yellow onions, mince the garlic and dice the green chili, chop the red bell pepper, keep everything aside.
4. In a large pan pour olive oil and saute onion and bell pepper for 20 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and turns a golden brown.
5. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute
6. Combine sauteed onions mixture along with rice, tomato puree, chicken broth, sea salt, cumin, green chilies & peas or corn in a 9 x 13 oven-proof dish
7. Stir until everything is mixed well, add the chicken and top with the grated cheese.
8. Cover tightly with foil. Cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes, check if the rice is done after 1 hour, if not then cook it for 10 more minutes.
9. Serve this arroz con pollo recipe topped with guacamole and salad for a complete meal.