- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aarroz Caldo Recipe Video
|Chicken||1 1⁄2 Pound, chop (into medium size pieces)|
|Jasmine rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), mince|
|Hard boiled eggs||4|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs), mince|
|Ginger peice||2 Small, julienned|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Lemon slice||1 Medium|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the fried garlic|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mince|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 922 Calories from Fat 357
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.7%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 355.7 mg
Sodium 1010.7 mg42.1%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.6%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 51 g102.1%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 62.9%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge pot
1. In a large pot pour cooking oil and sauté the garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Sprinkle ground black pepper and add the chicken cube, cook until the cube is dissolved.
3. Add the chicken pieces and cook until the color changes to golden brown.
4. Add fish sauce and rice mix everything for few minutes.
5. Pour water and bring it to a boil.
6. Lower the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the rice and chicken is completely cooked, stir occasionally.
7. After 30 minutes add the hard boiled eggs and safflower for additional color and aroma.
8. In another pan pour cooking oil and sauté garlic until browned, once done remove and drain the excess oil on paper towel.
9. Serve hot with fried garlic, scallions and lemon slice.