- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Armenian Lemon Soup Recipe
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||5 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 96 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.79 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 703.2 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.35%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 16%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Bring the broth to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan and then add the salt and rice. Cook over medium flame for about 15 minutes or till the rice has tendered.
2) Bring the heat down to low.
3) Beat the eggs till they are frothy and light in a medium bowl and pour lemon juice into in, very slowly. Constantly keep beating till the ingredients are well mixed.
4) Ladle nearly 1 ½ cups of the heated broth into the egg mix, very slowly and carefully. Stir constantly. Ladle enough of the heated broth to make the egg mix hot.
5) Gradually add the warm egg mix into the broth in the saucepan and cook over low heat for a minute or two, or till the soup has thoroughly heated. Do not boil the concoction.
6) Serve immediately after garnishing with snipped parsley.