- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Arhar Dal Recipe
|Yellow split peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Toor/Arahar Dal)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili||5 , sliced|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Finely chopped garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Tomato||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Chopped cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 441 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.1 mg6.7%
Sodium 1483.6 mg61.8%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 26.9 g107.7%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 26 g51.5%
Vitamin A 24.4% Vitamin C 80.9%
Calcium 5% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Bring to boil and when stars steaming, reduce heat and cook for three minutes.
3. Cool and mash the dal with a large spoon.
4. Add, coriander powder, green chilies, sugar and remaining water. Bring to boil ,reduce heat and simmer for six to seven minutes.
5. Heat oil and ghee in a non-stick pan for one minute. Add chopped onion and garlic and fry till light brown. Add chopped tomato and cilantro and continue frying for two minutes. Add a pinch of hing and cook for a few seconds and remove from heat. Add red chili powder and dal immediately..
6. Serve hot with roti or steamed rice.