- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dried Cherries and Pistachio Quinoa Recipe Video
|Quinoa grains||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), uncooked|
|Shallots||3 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Dried cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Pistachios||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Fresh mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 588.4 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 21 g83.9%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 16 g31.3%
Vitamin A 21.5% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse and drain the quinoa.
2. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
3. Add shallots to pan, sauté 2 minutes or until tender.
4. Add 2 cups of water, wine, and salt to pan, bring to a boil.
5. Add quinoa, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
6.Remove from heat; set aside, and cool slightly.
7. Combine lemon juice and pepper in a large bowl, stir with a whisk. 8. In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, cherries, pistachios, herbs and lemon dressing. Toss gently to combine.
9. Serve quinoa with chicken or Salmon. It makes a great side dish.