- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Conserve Recipe
|Dried apricots||1⁄4 Pound|
|Pineapple||1 Can (10 oz) (Drained With Juice Reserved & Crushed)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2162 Calories from Fat 401
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.7%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 19.4 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 454 g151.2%
Dietary Fiber 20.7 g82.7%
Sugars 417.7 g
Protein 13 g25.6%
Vitamin A 85.8% Vitamin C 241.4%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Soak the apricots in 1 3/4 cups water as per package directions.
2) Cook apricots over low heat until tender and soft. Mash to form pulp.
3) Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to equal about 1/4 cup liquid.
4) Take a saucepan and combine in it apricots, raisins, pineapple, lemon juice and rind.
5) Add pecans, sugar and pineapple liquid.
6) Cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
7) Pour Apricot Conserve in hot sterilized jars and seal nicely.