- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Walnut Thumbprint Cookies Recipe Video
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (gluten-free)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely (divided)|
|Apricot jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3419 Calories from Fat 1809
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 209 g321.4%
Saturated Fat 94.6 g473.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 574.3 mg
Sodium 94.8 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 362 g120.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47.1%
Sugars 200.1 g
Protein 42 g84.7%
Vitamin A 89.6% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 69.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir ¾ of the walnuts into the flour and set it aside. Reserve ¼ of the walnuts to sprinkle on top.
3. In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until well combined.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and make a dough.
5. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Press the centre of each cookie with either your thumb or the back of a ¼ teaspoon measuring spoon.
7. Fill the impressions with apricot jam. Using that same ¼ tsp. measuring spoon.
8. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the jam and bake the cookies for 18 minutes or until golden around the edges.
9. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes.
10. Serve cookies with milk, tea or coffee.