- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Walnut Bars Recipe
|Dried apricots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (adjust quantity as required)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), packed|
|Double acting baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3131 Calories from Fat 1239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 140 g215.7%
Saturated Fat 64.1 g320.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg
Sodium 847.5 mg35.3%
Total Carbohydrates 446 g148.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.8%
Sugars 303.7 g
Protein 44 g87.5%
Vitamin A 136.3% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 38.3% Iron 80.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse apricots. In saucepan, cover apricots with water; bring to boil; then simmer 10 minutes. Drain, cool, and chop.
2. Start heating oven to 325Â°F.
3. Into bowl sift 1 cup flour with granulated sugar; with pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until like coarse corn meal. Press into ungreased 9-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan.
4. Bake 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine eggs and brown sugar; stir in 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, walnuts, and apricots until well blended. Spread evenly over baked layer.
6. Bake 35 minutes.
7. Cool in panâ€”top will be soft. Cut into 16 large squares or 32 bars.