- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Tidbits From New Zealand Recipe
|Orange||1 Large (Preferably Seedless)|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Pound|
|Demerara sugar||1⁄2 Pound|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1486 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.44%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 22.7 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 391 g130.4%
Dietary Fiber 21.4 g85.4%
Sugars 365.5 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 172.5% Vitamin C 153.8%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 34.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the orange and squeeze out the juice.
2) Using a medium mincing plate, mince the orange shells alternately with the apricots.
3) In a thick pan, over low heat, heat orange juice and sugar.
4) Stir in orange and apricot and make a stiff paste by cooking slowly and stirring frequently.
5) Allow the mixture to cool a little and then transfer on to a board thickly dusted with granulated sugar.
6) Divide into pieces and figure into balls with wet hands.
7) Place the balls in a polythene bag and shake well with granulated sugar until coated thoroughly.
8) Place on cake rack to dry and serve accordingly.