- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Shortbread: Cookie Jar Recipe Video
|Softened butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3860 Calories from Fat 1833
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 210 g322.6%
Saturated Fat 119.3 g596.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 491.1 mg
Sodium 1023.1 mg42.6%
Total Carbohydrates 462 g154%
Dietary Fiber 21.3 g85.1%
Sugars 207 g
Protein 48 g95.2%
Vitamin A 184.4% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 31% Iron 104.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and ﬂuffy, about 2 minutes.
2. To the mixer add milk, vanilla & lemon zest. Beat until just combined. With mixer on low, gradually add ﬂour, salt, apricots, and almonds; continue beating until fully combined.
3. Turn dough out onto 2 pieces of plastic wrap, dividing into 2 equal pieces.
4. Shape each piece into a log, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap the logs in the plastic wrap and refrigerate until ﬁrm, about 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
7. Place slices on parchment-lined baking sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden, 14 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Serve with your favorite choice of beverages.