- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Pineapple Sponge Recipe
|Dietetic apricots||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , unbeaten|
|No caloric liquid sweetener||3 Teaspoon|
|Canned dietetic sliced pineapple||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), drained and diced|
Calories 72 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.31 g0.48%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 26.2 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sprinkle gelatine over 1/2 cup cold water, to soften. Add boiling water, stirring until gelatine is dissolved.
3. Refrigerate until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
4. Add egg whites; with rotary beater, beat until soft peaks form.
5. Fold in sweetener, pureed apricots, and pineapple.
6. Refrigerate 1 hour.
7. Stir; then spoon into 6 serving dishes, mounding high. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.