- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Pilaf Recipe
|Vegetable||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Apricot halves||17 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.89 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.74%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 107.2 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 58.5% Vitamin C 35.7%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Melt margarine in a large skillet.
2. Add onion to the pan and fry them on a low flame, stirring frequently, until soft and golden.
3. Add rice and sautÃ© until lightly colored.
4. Season with salt
5. Pour in the water.
6. Bring to a boil, stirring to prevent rice from stickling to the sides and base.
7. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer rice for about 20 to 25 minutes until tender and liquid has been absorbed.
8. When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat.
9. Add the apricots to it and fluff using a fork to mix gently without breaking the rice grains.
10. Cover and let rice stand in the steam, for 5 minutes.
11. Heap into a serving dish or platter and garnish with chopped parsley.
12. Serve hot with curry or stew.