- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Orange Jam Recipe
|Dried apricots||1 Pound|
|Canned crushed unsweetened pineapple||40 Ounce (2 cans, 1 pound 4 ounce each)|
|Sugar||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8131 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat 0.16 g0.78%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 45.4 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 2080 g693.5%
Dietary Fiber 50.7 g203%
Sugars 2020 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A 341.3% Vitamin C 496.1%
Calcium 40.2% Iron 69.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, soak apricots in water for overnight.
2. Once apricots are cooked, without peeling oranges, cut them in quarters and remove seeds.
3. In the same saucepan with soaking water, cook apricots until they are soft.
4. In a food chopper, chop oranges with peel and apricots.
5. In a large saucepan, mix fruit mixture and sugar; cook for 20-25 minutes.
6. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
7. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
8. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
9. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
10. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
11. Serve Apricot/Orange Jam over pancakes, toasts, waffles or just about anything you like.