- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Orange Bread Recipe
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3049 Calories from Fat 753
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g127.9%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g93.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 237.9 mg
Sodium 2802 mg116.8%
Total Carbohydrates 542 g180.8%
Dietary Fiber 24.8 g99%
Sugars 310.3 g
Protein 54 g108.2%
Vitamin A 92.9% Vitamin C 154.6%
Calcium 108.1% Iron 96.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Soak apricots for 30 minutes in just enough water to cover them.
3. Squeeze juice from orange, reserving rinds. Put juice in a measuring cup, and add enough boiling water to fill the cup.
4. Scrape rinds free from skin and scraps of flesh.
5. Drain apricots and grind apricots, orange rinds and raisins together.
6. In a medium-sized bowl, beat butter or margarine with sugar until fully blended.
7. Beat in egg and vanilla, then blend in ground fruit mixture.
8. Heat oven to 350°F.
9. Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt into a mixing bowl.
10. Add the butter-sugar-fruit mixture in 2 or 3 parts, alternately with diluted orange juice, mixing thoroughly each time.
11. Stir in nuts.
12. Turn batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 50 minutes.
13. Cool 15 minutes in the pan, then finish cooling on a rack. Leave until quite cold before cutting.