- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Glaze Recipe
|Apricot preserves||12 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 418 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 95 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 45%
Calcium 0.05% Iron 0.03%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, heat apricot preserve stirring continuously until melted.
2) Take the pan away from the heat.
3) In a small bowl, pass the apricot preserve through sieve.
4) In a same, place sugar and water, and heat, stirring several times, to boil.
5) Cook, without stirring, to 230°F on a candy thermometer.
6) Mix the sugar syrup into sieved preserves.
7) Hold the cakes, one at a time, on a fork over bowl, spoon on glaze to cover completely.
8) Arrange the cakes on wire racks set over wax paper.
9) Allow to stand for 3 hours, or until sticky-firm.
10) Use as desired.