- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Drops Recipe
|Potatoes||8 Ounce, peeled (250 Gram)|
|Bacon pieces||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Apricot halves||8 (1 Medium Can)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Fat||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Apricot juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (From Can)|
|Walnuts||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.2%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136 mg
Sodium 1518.4 mg63.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 30 g60.1%
Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Finely chop or mince the bacon.
2) Grate the potato coarsley and drain off all the excess moisture.
3) Mix together quickly the bacon, onion, flour, potatoes, sage and egg and seasoning to taste.
4) Drop dessertspoonfuls (10 ml spoons) of the mixture into deep fat and cook until golden brown.
5) Drain the mixture and place on a serving dish, topped with an apricot half.
6) Sauce can be prepared by taking the juice from the can of apricots thickened with a little arrowroot, then add 1 oz (25 g) chopped walnuts.
7) Pour the sauce over apricot drops and serve.