- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Dijon Glazed Turkey with Herbed Pilaf Recipe
|Water||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||6 (6 Teaspoons Chicken Bouillon Granules)|
|Long grain white rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), uncooked|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onions with tops||4 , sliced|
|Snipped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Boneless turkey breast half||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Apricot jam/Orange marmalade||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 444 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 0.41 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.5 mg
Sodium 772 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 29.5 g
Protein 40 g79.6%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
3. Stir in the bouillon.
4. Take off heat and set pan aside.
5. In a small saucepan, combine jam and Dijon mustard, gently heat to melt the jam. Set aside for later.
6. In a casserole, combine bouillon and remaining ingredients except the turkey meat. Mix well.
7. Trim excess fat from turkey and arrange over the rice mixture.
8. Cover the casserole with the lid and place casserole in the preheated oven.
9. Bake the pilaf for 45 minutes.
10. Remove casserole from oven.
11. Reserving 1/4 cup of prepared sauce, glaze turkey using a pastry brush.
12. Set remaining sauce aside.
13. Return uncovered casserole to oven and continue baking for another 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Check for doneness using a meat thermometer or a sharp tipped knife.
14. Remove turkey from the oven.
15. Cover casserole and let stand for 10 minutes carving.
16. Heat the remaining sauce until warm.
17. Carve turkey on a meat board using a carving knife.
18. On a serving plate or platter, make a bed of the pilaf.
19. Arrange the turkey slices and spoon over the sauce.
20. Serve hot.