- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Crackle Recipe
|Canned apricot pie filling||30 Ounce (1 1/2 cans of 20 ounces)|
|Orange marmalade||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Margarine/Butter||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Crushed cornflakes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 639 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 349.8 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 70.6 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 50.8% Vitamin C 12.2%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 64.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Into a bowl, put the filling and add the marmalade and cinnamon. Stir well till evenly blended.
3) Turn the mixture into a 1 ½-quart heatproof pie plate.
4) To prepare the topping, into a clean bowl, sift the flour and then add the sugar. Stir well.
5) Add the margarine and cut it in. Add the cornflakes to the mixture and stir well.
7) Over the apricot filling, sprinkle the topping evenly.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, till the topping is light brown in color.
9) Transfer the dessert to a serving plate and serve while it is still hot. A dollop of whipped cream makes a good accompaniment.