- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Cottage Cheese Pie Recipe
|Apricots||2 Cup (32 tbs), mashed cooked|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78 mg
Sodium 357.4 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 43.5 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 8.6%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. In a bowl combine apricots, almond extract, lemon extract with 1/2 cup of sugar and pour it towards the bottom of pie shell.
3. In an oven bake this mixture for about 10 minutes at 425° F..
4. In a bowl combine remaining sugar and salt with eggs and blend well.
5. Fold in milk, vanilla and cottage cheese.
6. Spread the mixture over apricots in pie shell.
7. Bake for about 50 minutes by reducing the temperature to 325° F.
8. Serve the pie after topping with whipped cream.