- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Corn Bread Recipe
|Dried apricots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole grain cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brewers yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Lecithin granules||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.1 mg
Sodium 425 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.6%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 14 g27.4%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 0.88%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F and grease a 8 X 8-inch baking dish.
2) Soak the dried apricots in water, drain and chop them finely.
3) In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, brewer's yeast, lecithin granules, baking soda and apricots.
2) In another bowl, beat together oil, buttermilk, yogurt and 2 gg yolks. Add this to the cornmeal mixture and fold in to get a smooth batter.
3) Using a whisker, beat the egg whites from 2 eggs till they form stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites gently into the batter.
4) Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
5) Serve the Apricot Corn Bread fresh out of the oven. You may even serve them the next day after toasting them.