- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Coffee Cake Recipe
|Unsalted butter||14 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , grated|
|Apricots||15 3⁄4 Ounce, drained|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 387 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 162.2 mg
Sodium 144.8 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 32.3 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 37.1% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 10% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderately to 350°F.
2) Place rack at the center of oven and heat to 350°F.
3) Evenly butter a 11 X 8-inch glass baking dish.
4) Using handheld electric mixer beat the butter in a medium bowl on high speed for about 1 minute until smooth.
5) Add sugar and beat the mixture for about 2 minutes until light in color.
6) In a bowl beat eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
7) Add vanilla and beat the mixture again.
8) Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
9) Add it into the batter, and then stir in the lemon juice and zest.
10) Spread evenly at the bottom of the pan.
11) Halve or quarter apricots and arrange over the batter to give the cake a uniform appearance.
12) Place the cake in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the cake is golden brown.
13) Place in a wire rack and cool completely before serving.
14) To serve, sift confectioners' sugar over the cake and cut into squares.