- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Brown Rice Cereal Recipe
|Water||425 Milliliter (1 3/4 Cups)|
|Brown rice||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Soy flakes||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Dried apricots||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Sesame seeds||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.3 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 16.1 g
Protein 18 g36.4%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 0.5%
Calcium 11% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and give a good stir.
2. Place the pan over a medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes, without stirring, until rice is cooked and water is absorbed.
4. Spoon the cereal into breakfast bowls.
5. Serve plain or with orange juice if you like.