- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apricot Bran Bread Recipe
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely snipped|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole bran cereal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
Calories 536 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.4 mg
Sodium 1080.6 mg45%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.5%
Sugars 60.6 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 38.2% Vitamin C 0.54%
Calcium 44.8% Iron 55.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven for 350°.
2. Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
3. In a bowl cover apricots with enough boiling water and let it stand for 10 minutes.
4. Drain well and combine with 3 tablespoons sugar.
5. In a bowl sift together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
6. In another bowl mix bran cereal, milk, eggs and oil and add to flour mixture, stirring just till moistened.
7. Gently stir in apricot mixture and add into greased pan and sprinkle top with a little sugar.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
9. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
10. Serve the Apricot Bran Bread with coffee or beverages.