- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Apricot Bars Recipe Video
|Butter/Margerine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded coconut||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Pecan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Apricot jam||12 Ounce|
Calories 775 Calories from Fat 326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.2%
Saturated Fat 20.7 g103.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.7 mg
Sodium 35.6 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 69.1 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until well incorporated.
3. Break in the egg and beat well to mix.
4. Add in flour little at a time and beating well after each addition.
5. Add in baking powder and vanilla and mix well.
6. Add in the coconut and pecans. Mix all together with a wooden spoon or by hand.
7. In a 9” X 13” baking pan put half of the coconut mixture and press evenly on the bottom.
8. Spread apricot jam evenly over the coconut mixture.
9. Crumble and spread remaining crust of the top of the jam and press down lightly.
10. Bake in a preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until light brown on top.
11. Remove the baking pan from the oven allow to cool slightly and cut into bars or squares.
12. Serve warm or wait until it cools and serve cold with whipped cream or ice-cream.