- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Applesauce Refrigerator Dessert Recipe
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweetened condensed milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Egg whites||2 , stiffly beaten|
|Applesauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla wafers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 393 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.7%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.6%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 53.5 mg
Sodium 117 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 34.2 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 0.82%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add 1/4 cup lemon juice with sweetened condensed milk and mix well.
2) Fold in the egg whites.
3) Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice to the applesauce and stir well.
4) Line an 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan with waxed paper.
5) Create a layer of wafers in the bottom of the pan.
6) Pour over 1/2 of the milk mix and 1/2 of the applesauce mix.
7) Continue such layers, leaving the topmost layer with vanilla wafers.
8) Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
9) Invert onto a serving plate.
10) Serve topped with whipped cream.