- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Applesauce Dessert With Vanilla Sauce Recipe
|Zwieback/Bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Melted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Applesauce||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), whipped|
Calories 564 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.2%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.7 mg
Sodium 137.9 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.49 g2%
Sugars 28.8 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add melted butter.
2) Add in the bread crumbs and brown crumbs.
3) Grease a 9-inch baking dish and line with crumbs.
4) In a baking dish, arrange layers of applesauce and crumbs, alternating the two. End with the crumbs.
5) Place in an oven at 375-degree oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
6) Cool and invert onto a serving plate.
7) In a saucepan, add egg yolks, sugar, and cream and mix well.
8) Gently heat till thick, stirring constantly.
9) Take off the heat and stir in vanilla. Cool.
10) Fold in the whipped cream.
11) Add over squares of apple dessert and serve.