- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Applesauce-Cocoa Squares Recipe
|Unbleached all-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), firmly packed|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2212 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.2%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.3 mg
Sodium 875 mg36.5%
Total Carbohydrates 494 g164.7%
Dietary Fiber 52 g208.1%
Sugars 315.7 g
Protein 42 g83.6%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 91.6% Iron 41.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine flour, sugar, 1/4 cup of the cocoa, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
3. Combine milk, applesauce, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
5. Spoon batter into pan.
6. Combine brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup cocoa, and water.
7. Pour over batter.
8. Bake for 40 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and cool in pan.
10.Cut into 16 squares.