- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Applesauce Cookies Recipe
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thick sweetened applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3633 Calories from Fat 1433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 162 g249.6%
Saturated Fat 41 g205.1%
Trans Fat 20.2 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 2467.5 mg102.8%
Total Carbohydrates 529 g176.4%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.2%
Sugars 296.6 g
Protein 34 g67.9%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 18.5%
Calcium 34.8% Iron 117.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix shortening and cream until creamy and light.
3. Put the egg in the mixture and blend well.
4. Sieve flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
5. Add apple sauce and flour mixture one by one to the sugar mixture.
6. Continue blending.
7. Put raisins and cereal and mix firmly.
8. Take greased baking sheet, with a teaspoon drop the mixture after every 2 inch.
9. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
10. Pour sauce and serve.