- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Applesauce and Raisin Cake Recipe Video
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Applesauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 307 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.7 mg18.9%
Sodium 269.2 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 32.3 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, add and combine the dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Mix well and set aside.
3. In an electric mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar together.
4. Stir in the egg and beat until well combined.
5. Add in 1/3 cup of flour and 1/2 cup applesauce. Beat well.
6. Another 1/3 cup of flour with the remaining applesauce and Beat well. Finally stir in the remaining flour and beat until well combined.
7. Stir in the raisins and combine the batter again.
8. Take a greased 8 inch square baking pan. Pour the batter into the pan evenly. Bake it in the oven at 350 degrees F for 40 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Serve the applesauce cake cut in desired slices.