- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Applesauce Cake Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Applesauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), canned|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3721 Calories from Fat 1306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 151 g231.8%
Saturated Fat 65.9 g329.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg
Sodium 4162.7 mg173.4%
Total Carbohydrates 599 g199.7%
Dietary Fiber 19.1 g76.4%
Sugars 511 g
Protein 30 g59.4%
Vitamin A 67.6% Vitamin C 16.3%
Calcium 25.9% Iron 50.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, cream the butter, then gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
3) Gradually beat in the eggs, beating well after each addition.
4) In another bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice together.
5) Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture alternately with the applesauce.
6) Stir in the raisins and pecans; mix thoroughly.
7) In a greased and lightly floured 13x9x2-inch pan, turn the batter.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until done.
9) Allow the cake to cool in the pan.
10) Slice and serve the Applesauce Cake on a platter.