- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Applesauce Cake Recipe
|Sifted cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened applesauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3323 Calories from Fat 1307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g227%
Saturated Fat 31.1 g155.4%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1832.6 mg76.4%
Total Carbohydrates 483 g161.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.9 g83.5%
Sugars 293.1 g
Protein 35 g70%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 39.8% Iron 114.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and spices together.
3. Cream shortening and brown sugar. Add egg and beat thoroughly.
4. Add raisins and walnuts to applesauce; mix. Alternately add dry ingredients and applesauce to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
5. Pour batter into the paper-lined dish. Cover with a paper towel. Cook in microwave oven 11 to 13 minutes at BAKE, or until done; rotate dish one-quarter turn once.
6. Cool on rack 5 minutes, then remove cake from dish and peel off paper.