- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Cooking apples||1 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg
Sodium 7.8 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.5%
Sugars 47.1 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 34.8%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel the apples, core and slice them thinly.
2) In a pan, put 2 to 3 tablespoons of water and the apples. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
3) Through a coarse sieve, rub the cooked apples. Alternatively, puree in a blender.
4) Add the butter and stir well. If required, add the sugar.
5) Serve applesauce alongside roast pork, duck or goose.
If a more pungent horseradish applesauce is preferred, add 1 ½ tablespoons of freshly grated horseradish.