- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apples Baked In Wine With Rum Recipe
|Chopped walnuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped dates||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped candied cherries||1 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Apples||6 Large, cored but not through the bottom|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 241 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 0.89 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg
Sodium 5.5 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 31.1 g
Protein 2 g3.1%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl mix together, walnuts, dates, cherries, and sugar.
2) Stuff each cored apple with walnut mixture.
3) Arrange the apples in the slow cooker, not touching the sides of cooker to avoid burning.
4) Stack the apple if needed.
5) Stream the wine gently around the apples.
6) Put the lid and simmer for 3 to 4 hours.
7) Using a perforated ladle remove the apple from cooker and place on individual serving plate.
8) Spoon the cooking wine around each apple.
9) Sprinkle rum over each apple and top with whipped cream, serve warm or cold.