- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple-Zucchini Soup Recipe
|Non fat chicken broth/Water/ vegetable stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Apple||1 , peeled, cored and chopped|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Uncooked long grain rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Zucchini||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.7 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.6 mg
Sodium 2720.3 mg113.3%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.6%
Sugars 42.2 g
Protein 21 g42.6%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 104%
Calcium 40.3% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sprinkle curry powder over onion and apple. Stir.
3. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
4. Add rice and zucchini. Cover, lower heat, and cook for 30 minutes.
5. Transfer soup to a food processor or blender and puree.
6. Transfer soup back to pot. Heat, slowly adding skim milk, until soup is warmed through.