- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Spice Bars Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Apple||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3110 Calories from Fat 579
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.7%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 222.8 mg
Sodium 1953.5 mg81.4%
Total Carbohydrates 615 g204.8%
Dietary Fiber 33.3 g133.4%
Sugars 352.1 g
Protein 42 g83.1%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 29.4%
Calcium 124.1% Iron 134.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease and flour a 10 by 12-inch pan.
2) Combine the shortening and sugar and beat well till light and fluffy.
3) Add in the egg and molasses and beat well.
4) Mix and sift the flour, baking powder, salt, soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
5) Mix in with the creamed mix, alternating with milk.
6) Add in the dates and diced apple.
7) Pour into a 10 by 12-inch pan.
8) Place in the oven at 350° F for 25 minutes. Cool.
9) Cut into 1 by 3-inch bars and roll in confectioners' sugar.
10) Store in a airtight container and serve as a healthy snack.