- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Raisin Bread Pudding Dessert Recipe Video
|Apples||2 Medium, peeled and cubed|
|Bread||3 Cup (48 tbs), cubed (day old bread)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , lightly beaten|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 854 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.9%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.9 mg79.6%
Sodium 1170.8 mg48.8%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.3%
Sugars 45.4 g
Protein 27 g53.5%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 31.9% Iron 38.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. In a small saucepan, heat butter and stir in the apples. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly soft, for 5-7 minutes.
3. In a shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole, lightly toss apples with the bread and raisins.
4. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until the sugar is dissolved.
5. Pour the batter over the apple mixture. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
6. Take out the pan and bake for 50 minutes 350 degrees F.
7. Serve Apple Raisin Bread Pudding as dessert.
For optimal browning, cook with the cover off for the last 15 minutes.